Running your own business is challenging and takes a lot of perseverance. In order to find success, you need to be driven and dedicated to your business and you must continue to work hard day in and day out, even when you are not immediately successful. Here are some tips to remember when you work your way up from nothing to a successful entrepreneur:
1. Love what you do. When you choose something that lines up with both your passion and personal interest then it never seems like you are working.
2. Spend a lot of time in the beginning hiring the right people because the best and the brightest team members will help you to find success. Always treat your employees with respect and make them feel as though they are a valued member of your organization.You can’t do it all by yourself.
3. Do not be afraid of failure. Even the most successful business people have failed many times, and most of them miserably. The difference is that they got back up and tried again, working through the mistakes that they made to finally find success.
4. Always keep in touch with your customers and speak directly to them. Whether a customer is happy or unhappy about something, they want to speak to the people who are responsible for the product or the service.
5. Work on making small improvements every day and better your business by developing it a little bit more as time goes by. Over time the result is a significant change that is noticeable by most people.
6. Focus on positive outcomes.
7. Take care of your customers and growth will happen and opportunity will follow.
8. Stay away from negative people, they will only bring you down. If you have a passion and you bring that passion to your business, you do not need to listen to the naysayers.
9. Never stop learning, make it your mission to continually expand your knowledge and learn new skills and concepts.
10. Set goals and stick to them. When you are self-employed you must have discipline, there is no “boss” to check up on you and make sure that you are getting things done as you should. Always be mindful of your schedule, keep appointments and never stop striving for perfection. When you reach certain goals, set new ones for yourself and for your business.
11. Find a mentor network and ask plenty of questions. Do not be afraid to ask for advice and if you are lucky enough to get good advice, take it and act on it.
12. Get out of your comfort zone. If you are stuck in a certain slump you and your business will not grow. When you introduce ideas that are new and different you may get negative feedback but this should not discourage you from getting things done. Donald Trump, CEO of Trump Organization says that any aspiring entrepreneur needs to avoid their comfort zone in order to be successful.
13. Success comes only from hard work. If you are not willing to put the work in to your business to make it successful then it is pretty unlikely that you are going to find any success for the long term. Enjoy success when it comes, but don’t let it deter you from focussing on the bigger picture. Always give your business one hundred and fifty per cent of your mental focus and effort.